We're pleased to offer the following services at Southwest Veterinary Hospital, PC:
Our appointment book is computerized, which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
Because multiple of veterinarians practice at Southwest Veterinary Hospital, PC, we can care for many types of pets:
- Pocket Pets*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.
We offer discounts of 50% to all service animals. In addition, we have our Rewards Program, which can provide two free exams, one free nail trim, earns you 5% on every purchase to use to pay for future services, and we’ll contribute 2% to veterinary scholarships! It’s an annual membership that covers your entire family of pets. Ask us for details!
Services we offer
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services: Our hospital is equipped to provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to care for your pets' complete health care needs.
- Internal medicine consults: We offer referrals to an internal medicine specialist who performs advanced diagnostic procedures and helps us with the diagnosis of more complicated cases
- Surgical Services: Our state-of-the-art surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures. In addition, we work closely with many area specialty-trained surgeons as well as the surgeons at the CSU College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Anesthesia: We utilize the safest available anesthetics to provide an extra margin of safety, especially for our older or high-risk patients. Using the most modern equipment, the patient's vital signs are monitored during all anesthetic procedures.
- Dentistry: Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, digital dental X-rays, tooth extractions and minor oral surgery. Of course, effective professional pet dentistry requires general anesthesia. There is no way that so-called "anesthesia free teeth cleaning" can provide for a thorough assessment of the oral cavity and provide adequate pain-free treatment. So, we provide all of the pre-anesthetic assessments and practice all of the safeguards as we do for all of our surgery patients.
- Laboratory: Our in-house laboratory facilities provide for serum chemistry, hematology, serology, urinalysis and parasite testing. We also utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations.
- Pharmacy: We maintain a complete inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos, flea and tick control products and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of your pet.
- Dietary Counseling: We will provide guidance regarding your pet's nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance. We also carry a full line of therapeutic diets from Hill's, Purina and Royal Canin. Radiology Services: Our on-site, digital X-ray equipment provides high quality radiographs to aid in the quick diagnosis of many disorders. Ultrasounds and echocardiograms can be completed in our office same-day; we also have a board-certified veterinary radiologist who comes to our office on an as-needed basis for consults and to perform ultrasounds.
- Electrocardiography Services: We provide ECG services on-site as well as consultations with cardiology specialists.
- Permanent identification: We offer permanent microchip identification using the ResQ system from Bayer. The cost of the chips includes lifetime registration! These chips are registered through PetLink at www.petlink.net
- Boarding: We provide pet boarding as a service to our clients. All boarders receive personal attention from our caring staff. Pets may be dropped off and picked up during regular business hours Monday through Saturday.
- Bathing: Routine and therapeutic bathing services are available. Our canine boarding patients who have stayed at least 5 days receive a complimentary bath before going home!
- Behavioral Counseling: We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, scratching, digging, house soiling and aggression. We have excellent referral resources for more complicated issues.
- Euthanasia Counseling & Services: We understand how difficult this transition can be - so we provide help with your decision-making, choices surrounding the euthanasia itself, and suggestions for ways to memorialize your pet.